Roland G. Jones, Esq.
Mr. Jones has practiced bankruptcy law for over two decades. His primary focus is representing corporate defendants in preference and fraudulent conveyance litigation. He has developed a national client base and has also represented corporate clients based in Europe and the Far East.
Mr. Jones is the author of “Bankruptcy Preference Clawbacks in Plain English: Why They Exist. How to Defend Yourself,” currently available on Amazon.com., as well as the producer of over 50 videos on Preference and Fraudulent Conveyance available on YouTube.
Mr. Jones is also the founder of a new bankruptcy litigation: www.onebowlinggreen.com.
1989-1990 Chief U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Conrad B. Duberstein of the Eastern District of New York
1990-1991 U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Cecilia H. Goetz of the Eastern District of New York from 1990 to 1991
New York State Bar Admission – 1990
United States District Court Southern District of New York –1991
United States District Court Eastern District of New York –1991
President: National Association of Bankruptcy Litigators Member: New York State Bar Association
Member: Association of Bar City of New York
Member: Turnaround Management Association Member: American Bankruptcy Institute
Mr. Jones was the founding member and former Chair of the Federal Bar Association Empire State Chapter Bankruptcy Committee. The Bankruptcy Committee has hosted experts to speak on topics important to both bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy practitioners. Guest speakers have included The Honorable Jerrold Nadler on new bankruptcy legislation, Wilbur L. Ross, Jr. of Rothschild Inc. on the distressed bond market, and Professor Edward Altman of New York University on bankruptcy investing.
1972 – 1977: The Horace Mann School
1977 – 1979: Vassar College
1985 – 1987: Columbia University
1987 – 1990: Brooklyn Law School
- They Went Broke?Bankruptcies and Money Disaster of the Rich & Famous,” available on Amazon.com.
- 50 Proven Mental Biases That Can Cost You at the Poker Table: A Science Based Solution to the Tilt Problem – Kindle edition,” available on Amazon.com.
- “Are repos exempt from automatic stay?” Bankruptcy Law – New York Law Journal; Pg. 31, (col. 6);Vol. 213, 2586 words
- “Bankruptcy’s conflict of Interest Rule”; Outside Counsel – New York Law Journal; Pg. 35, (col. 3); Vol. 212, 2117 words
- “Bankruptcy and Environmental Law”, The Environmental Claims Journal
- “Mergers and Acquisitions in Bankruptcy”, The Mergers and Acquisitions Report
- ‘The Clawback Report,” A Quarterly Publication on Preference and Fraudulent Conveyance Litigation Issues
- “Introduction to Preference Law”, National Association of Bankruptcy Litigators Journal
- Bankruptcy Bulletin: “Wellness International Network, Ltd. v. Sharif, 135 S. Ct. 1932 (2015)”, National Association of Bankruptcy Litigators Journal
- Majority Report: “Redefining the Circuit Split Over the § 547(c)(4) Subsequent New Value Defense” by Roland Jones, Esq. and Solomon Rotstein, National Association of Bankruptcy Litigators Journal