Basic Preference Law
This webcast addresses the following topics, among others:
• An introduction to bankruptcy preference claims.
• Defenses available to creditors.
• The timeline of a preference case.
• Likely outcome of different fact patterns.
• Leverage points for negotiation.
Can a Payment Incurred Through Fraud Be In the Ordinary Course of Business?
Were the alleged preference payments that resulted from fraud, incurred in the ordinary course of…Read More
The Preference Period Payments Match the Base Period Timing of Payments – Are they Preferential?
The New York District Court after finding a similarity between the pattern of payments during…Read More